Section 1. Purpose of the PMI UNY Chapter
- General Purpose. THE PMI UNY Chapter has been founded as non-profit, tax exempt corporation (or equivalent) chartered by PMI®, and is dedicated to advancing the practice, science, and profession of project management in multiple government and non-government industries in a conscious and proactive manner.
- Specific Purposes. Consistent with the terms of the Charter executed between the PMI UNY Chapter and PMI and these Bylaws, the purposes of the PMI UNY Chapter shall include the following:
- To foster professionalism in the management of projects.
- To contribute to the quality and scope of project management.
- To stimulate appropriate global application of project management for the benefit of general public.
- To provide a recognized forum for the free exchange of ideas, applications, and solutions to project management issues among its members, and other interested and involved in project management.
- To identify and promote the fundamentals of project management and advance the body of knowledge for managing projects successfully.
- To provide PMI UNY Chapter members multiple opportunities to refresh their project management skills and earn professional development units (PDUs) in order to renew their PMI project management certification through multiple sponsored PMI UNY Chapter activities and events.
Section 2. Limitations of the PMI UNY Chapter.
- General Limitations. The purposes and activities of the PMI UNY Chapter shall be subject to limitations set forth in the charter agreement, these Bylaws, and conducted consistently with PMI UNY Chapter Articles of Incorporation.
- The membership database and listings provided by PMI to the PMI UNY Chapter may not be used for commercial purposes and may be used only for non-profit purposes directly related to the business of the PMI UNY Chapter, consistent with PMI policies and all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to those law and regulations pertaining to privacy and use of personal information.
- The officers and directors of the PMI UNY Chapter shall be solely accountable for the planning and operations of the Component, and shall perform their duties in accordance with the Component’s governing documents; its Charter Agreement; PMI’s Bylaws, policies, practices, procedures, and rules; and applicable law.