Section 1. General Membership Provisions.
- Membership in the PMI UNY Chapter requires membership in PMI®. The PMI UNY Chapter shall not accept as members any individuals who have not been accepted as PMI® members. Membership in this organization is voluntary and shall be open to any eligible person interested in furthering the purposes of the organization. Membership shall be open to all eligible persons without regard to race, creed, color, age, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, or physical or mental disability.
- Members shall be governed by and abide by the PMI Bylaws and by the bylaws of the PMI UNY Chapter and all policies, procedures, rules and directives lawfully made there under, including but not limited to the PMI Code of Conduct.
- All members shall pay the required PMI and the PMI UNY Chapter dues to PMI and in the event that a member resigns or their membership is revoked for just cause, membership dues shall not be refunded by PMI or the PMI UNY Chapter.
- Membership in the PMI UNY Chapter shall terminate upon the member’s resignation, failure to pay dues or expulsion from membership for just cause.
- Members who fail to pay the required dues when due shall be delinquent for a period of one (1) month and their names removed from the official membership list of the PMI UNY Chapter. A delinquent member may be reinstated by payment in full of all unpaid dues for PMI and the PMI UNY Chapter to PMI within such one-month delinquent period.
- Upon termination of membership in the PMI UNY Chapter, the member shall forfeit any and all rights and privileges of membership.
- All PMI UNY Chapter members that are in good standing of PMI and in good standing of the PMI UNY Chapter are eligible to vote on all matters presented to the Chapter membership. In addition, all members of the PMI UNY Chapter are eligible to run for and hold a PMI UNY Chapter Board position.
Section 2. Classes and Categories of Members. The PMI UNY Chapter shall not create its own membership categories. PMI Component membership categories shall be consistent with PMI membership categories.