The objectives of the Chapter supplement the purposes of the PMI as set forth in the PMI Bylaws. The Chapter objectives are to:
- Advance the state-of-the-art in effective and appropriate application of the practice and science of project management.
- Promote the mission and objectives of the PMI within the Capital Region of New York State.
- Develop a growing and committed membership of local Project Management professionals.
- Support and enhance professionalism in Project Management by developing and providing quality programs based on the needs of the members.
- Encourage and facilitate education, certification/re-certification, and professionalism in Project Management.
- Provide a forum for discussion and examination of problems, solutions, applications, and ideas related to the management of projects.
- Foster communication between public and private sectors regarding project management.
- Disseminate, within the primary area of operation of the Chapter, information regarding developments in project management.