During the past several years, we have improved our Upstate NY Chapter website to include links and information to assist you in achieving your project management goals. As Vice-President of Education & Certification, I hope to continue this practice and make your experience a beneficial one. Currently, we offer a variety of educational and learning tools for our members and visitors to this site:
- PMP FAQ's - assist with questions you may have relating to the PMP and/or CAPM application process.
- PMP Prep Exam Links - web links to assist in your preparation for studying for the PMP and/or CAPM exam.
- PMP Exam Tips - read various tips for studying and taking the PMP and/or CAPM certification exam. These written narratives shared by fellow PMP's, all members of our local chapter, will offer you their individual experiences.
- PMP Exam Prep Workshop - depending on the number of interested candidates, our chapter conducts a PMP Certification Exam Workshop to help you review the contents of PMI Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK). Our Instructors / Facilitators are PMP certified chapter members who not only share current PMBOK content but they also include real-life project experiences that will help you to prepare for your PMP Certification Exam.
- During chapter meetings, attendees are informed of the latest project management tools and techniques and share the latest from PMI Global, Inc. and from PMBOK updates. (If you are PMP certified, attending the monthly chapter meetings will earn attendees 1 PDU towards maintaining your PMP Certification.)
- Attendees of Chapter meetings are updated of the latest chapter offerings, such as the PMP Exam Prep Workshop, and discussions with our monthly Board of Directors meetings.
- As a PMP, you have the opportunity to experience a very niche credential that is much sought after today in the Project Management industry.
To become a member of the chapter, you must first join the Project Management Institute (PMI). You may pick up a membership packet at one of our monthly meetings, or you can apply for membership online at www.pmi.org and select Join Us at the top of the Home page. You may also access the online application, by visiting www.pmi.org website at Project Management Institute, Membership. Once you join PMI, you can then join our local Upstate New York (UNY) Chapter. I encourage you to visit our website for up-to-date information regarding the chapter.
If you would like to suggest / recommend any content changes / updates to this page, please send an e-mail to Christy Minshall, PMP