Calling All Leaders: PMI UNY Chapter: 2019 Board Elections
It’s that time of year once again when we elect our Board of Directors. The PMI UNY Board is a cohesive group providing wisdom, experience, and diversity to responsibly govern our chapter. Board members are elected to two-year staggered terms so that we retain continuity in planning, creating, and executing strategic initiatives. The Board and its volunteers strive to strengthen our professional organization and membership.
The Chapter’s Core Operation (Services) Include:
- 7 Monthly Chapter Dinner Meetings
- 1 Annual Professional Development Day (PDD)
- 3 Innovative events
- Semi-Annual PMP Preparation classes (Fall and Spring)
We hope that your passion and commitment to Project Management will drive you to participate now and in the future. Below are the specifics.
Some positions on the PMI UNY Board of Directors are open effective June 1, 2019 as the two-year terms of the incumbents are expiring. The terms for these openings are June 1, 2019 through May 31, 2021. This is an excellent opportunity for current members to become more active in the governance of the PMI UNY chapter.
Eligibility, Responsibilities, & PDUs
To run for a Board position, candidate must be a PMI UNY member in good standing and a regular attendee of the monthly meetings. Members in good standing are current in payment of membership dues. Regular attendees have attended at least four (4) meetings in the last PMI year. For details, refer to the PMI UNY bylaws. Board members are expected to attend monthly chapter meetings and monthly Board meetings. Board members receive ten PDUs for serving on the Board.
- Communications – Candidate may communicate one-on-one regarding seeking a Board position only if the communication focuses on candidate’s qualifications. Mass communications are prohibited. Candidate may not refer to any other candidate or any existing or past board members / directors
- Campaign materials – No candidate or PMI member may utilize any campaign materials such as posters, buttons/lapel pins, group activities or sponsorships
- Candidate communications with PMI – Candidate should discuss the position with former directors or a member of the nominating committee
Board candidates do not run for a specific position. Candidates run "at large." Newly-elected (and re-elected) Board members are appointed to positions on the Board by a vote of the current members of the PMI UNY Board of Directors. This year positions to be filled are as follows:
This year the remaining positions are up for election:
- VP Membership
- VP Programs
- VP Education and Certification
- VP Communication
- VP Marketing
- Assistant Treasurer
Distribute information and bio sheet 3/01/2019
Ballot submission closes 3/26/2019
Issue slate of candidates 3/27/2019
Electronic balloting 3/27 - 4/15/2019
In-person balloting at Chapter Meeting 4/17/2019
Announce results 4/17/2019
Any current member can vote. Members can cast votes in one of two ways.
- Via Survey Monkey (electronic) no later than Monday, April 15, 2019
- At the April17th PMI UNY Chapter meeting
Entering a Ballot
We encourage you and your colleagues to consider joining our team and contributing to our PMI UNY Chapter's success.
Thank you for your participation.
Togba Doe, PMP Carol Fitzgerald, PMP
VP, Administration President
PMI Upstate New York Chapter, Inc. PMI Upstate New York Chapter, Inc.